Social Security Financial Planning Workshop
May 9, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm| Free
This educational workshop will provide you with much needed information to help you understand how social security works. After this class, you will be able to make informed decisions about social security and understand how the elections you make will affect your monthly benefits.
Topics we will discuss:
- How did new Social Security laws affect your retirement strategy?
- Is “File and Suspend” really gone?
- Why waiting to take Social Security may or may not be your best move.
- What happens if your spouse is still working?
- What if you still are or want to work part-time?
- What if you are divorced or widowed?
- How to maximize your Social Security benefits.
- How you can reduce taxes on Social Security.
AS A BONUS WE’LL ALSO BE GOING OVER THESE TOPICS THAT ARE IMPORTANT AS WELL
- How to potentially reduce taxation on your Social Security after you start receiving your benefits.
- How you can potentially fill the gap between Social Security and your desired Retirement Income.
- How to potentially maximize the value of your IRA, 401(k), TSP or Pension Plan.
- How to use the Roth Conversion option to create increasing TAX-FREE lifetime income benefits for you and your spouse.
- Learn strategies that teach you how to structure RMD’s Tax Efficiently.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Is there a cost to attend?
No, there is no cost to attend.
Do I need to bring anything?
No, you will be provided with pen and paper to take notes.
Will any investments or investment products be discussed?
No, there will not be any discussion of any investments whatsoever.
Will I be pitched or sold anything?
No. Our classes are strictly educational. The most common feedback we receive is how nice it is to attend a truly educational workshop with no pressure.
Is this sponsored by the Social Security administration?
Patrick Runninger is not affiliated with the Social Security administration or any other government agency.
RSVP online at dfla.org | Questions please call 480-488-2286.